Thursday 23 January 2014

Loving Writing!

Well, a few days away from the keyboard with writer's block can be quite daunting.  You have your plot line worked out, but you don't know how to move forward.  Then it happens...that moment where you shout to yourself "aha!"

Well, that recently happened to me while writing 'Game of Chance'...and I spent hours in my own little world, pounding away at the keyboard...before I knew it, it was 3am and I'd written another 4,000 words!

A 4,000 university assignment seems daunting, but how is it so easy to write 4,000 words in one night?  Well, I think it comes to the love of writing.

In my latest writing session, I have written some material which I thought could be confronting and readers might be grossed out completely and want to throw their e-readers at my head.

I had a friend read the three chapters that I had written to get her opinion and see how well the scenes and the chapters intersected...her reply?  "I know why they are going to yell at you. That was oddly titillating but so wrong at the same time!"

So, for now, I shall leave you with this...expect the unexpected.

Cheers,
Kelly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment